Our leaves are starting to change up north, and with our lows are dipping down into the 30s, I’ve been reaching for warmer, cozier meals the last few days. This One Pot Yellow Curry is a family favorite! Not only is it filling and delicious, it is quick and easy to customize.
My favorite cuisine has been Thai for almost as far back as I can remember. And as much as I love noodles, a warm, creamy, filling curry has always been my dish of choice. Since we don’t have many authentic Thai restaurants nearby (and rarely eat out, as it is!), I wanted to create something that would satisfy my craving.
I used to use the pre-made curry paste, but it is pricey, and once it’s gone, it’s gone… (surprising, I know.) This one pot yellow curry uses ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen, and is even yummier than the store-bought version (in my humble opinion)! Plus, it really does only require ONE POT. That is a major win in my kitchen!
You can easily change up the veggies in this curry to use what you have on hand. And if you are in a hurry, skip the potatoes to decrease the cook time. OR, simply cook them ahead of time – I LOVE using my Instant Pot for this step!**
This meal is so comforting and filling, and is delicious served over rice. I hope you will try it! If you do, don’t forget to come back and rate the recipe!
Stay warm, and happy fall! 🙂
- 2 Tbsp oil (I use olive oil or sesame oil)
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
- Medium onion, diced small
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed in ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into bite-size florettes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (Thai Kitchen Organic is my favorite!)
- Equal part unsweetened plant milk (just fill up the empty coconut milk can to measure)
- ¼ cup braggs
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (reserve till end)
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Add cubed tofu and saute about 5-7 minutes, gently turning every couple of minutes to evenly brown.
- Add onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook until fragrant. (Be careful not to brown garlic.)
- Add other veggies, and saute a few minutes. (You can cook potatoes and carrots ahead of time to speed up the cooking process.)
- Stir in coconut milk until melted and combined. Stir in plant milk.
- Add Braggs, brown sugar, lime juice, and spices. Stir until fully combined.
- Simmer until veggies are soft.
- Stir in fresh cilantro, and serve hot over rice!
**As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases from some links in this post (at no extra expense to you!). I only promote items that I use and trust.
Leave a Reply