Everyone needs a go-to salad that can be made at a moment’s notice and pairs well with almost any meal, right? You’re in luck – this napa cabbage salad with lemon vinaigrette is just that kind of salad!
A spin off of your more traditional creamy slaw, this cabbage salad is fresh, crunchy, slightly tangy, and satisfying. It pairs perfectly with Asian dishes, your favorite summer barbecue or cook-out, or almost any other meal for that matter.
I fell in love with napa cabbage several months ago. It is so fresh, juicy, and crunchy! If you have never had it before, please do yourself a favor and try it. Although you can make this sabbage salad with normal green cabbage, I highly recommend using the napa cabbage. It’s just so much better – and I think you’ll love it, too. 😉
The purple cabbage adds a beautiful color to the salad (as well as other nutrients!), and the cilantro gives it a delicious fresh flavor. The lemon vinaigrette is super simple, but tastey!
Over all, this is an incredibly easy salad to make, and it is so satisfying and nutritious! I hope you will give this a try, and don’t forget to rate it below!
- 5 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- Mix cabbage and cilantro into a large serving bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients into a small jar, and shake vigorously to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, and toss to fully coat.
- Serve immediately with your favorite meal! Leftovers get soggy quickly, but can last a day or so in the fridge. Fresh is best!