Happy Holidays, everyone! It’s officially countdown time to Christmas (one week!), and holiday baking is in full swing at our house. One of the things I’ve been mixing up a lot the last month is the recipe for these AMAZING Sweet and Salty Roasted Nuts! Oh my, you guys… Talk about melt-in-your-mouth crispy yumminess. This. is. it.
These are soooo amazing in salads, cookies, granola, on sweet potato casserole, or by the handful. And the best part is that they have less butter and sugar that many similar recipes have, so you don’t have to feel quite as guilty eating them. 😉
These sweet and salty roasted nuts also make absolutely amazing gifts! Wrap them up in a pretty package or mason jar, add a cute tag, and almost anyone would be happy to receive them.
They keep well at room temperature (up to 3 weeks!), so you don’t have to worry about them going bad. If you want them to last longer, you could definitely store them in the fridge or freezer and pull them out to use whenever you need or want.
You can easily customize the nuts you use to meet your personal preference, as well as work around any nut allergies. I used only pecans in our recipe since that is the only nut my husband can eat (sad, I know… but at least he can eat the tastiest one, right?!).
Do yourself a favor today and make a batch of these. Trust me – you won’t regret it! 😉
Stay tuned for lots of other yummy holiday recipes this week! And tell me below: What is YOUR favorite holiday food? 🙂
- 3 cups nuts (pecans, walnuts, cashews, etc)
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350º. Place nuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle vegan butter, sugar, maple syrup, and salt over nuts. Stir well to combine.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring at the halfway point.
- Remove from oven, stir once more, and let cool at room temperature. The nuts will crisp as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks. These make
- great holiday gifts!
These are incredible!!!
You would know! 😉 <3