I hope you’re all enjoying the long, warm summer days. Those of us in the northern half of the States certainly are (I’m in denial that snow is only a few months away). I love summer foods – salads, burgers, and cold, sweet treats. So I’m back this week to share another favorite with you! Four words: Creamy Vegan Potato Salad.
I don’t know about you, but I love potato salad. Both my mom and mother-in-law also make amazing potato salads, but all three of us tend to use the same recipe: no recipe. So I decided it was time to actually write down the measurements to share with you!
This vegan potato salad is colorful, creamy, tangy, slightly crunchy (thanks to the fresh veggies!), and overall super satisfying.
This salad pairs perfectly with any summer meal – burgers, hot dogs, baked beans, corn on the cob, barbecue, and more. Whip it up, and enjoy a long-time favorite with a healthier twist.
I think I’ll go dig in to some now… Care to join me?
- 8 cups cubed potatoes
- ½ red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 raw ear of corn, shucked and washed
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- 1½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dill
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup Just Mayo (or other vegan mayonnaise)
- Wash and cube potatoes (I like leaving the peels on, but you can peel the potatoes if you prefer). Place in a medium sauce pan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, and cook until tender.
- Wash and dice bell pepper, then mince celery. Wash ear of corn, then carefully slice kernels off of cob using a sharp knife.
- Once potatoes are done, drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir all ingredients (except Just Mayo) together.
- Stir in Just Mayo until evenly distributed. (If you add it with the other ingredients, the seasonings will clump together.)
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.