With Valentine’s Day coming up in just two days, the stores are full of hearts, candy, and flowers for that “special someone.” Meanwhile, those of us who think a lot about food have had sweet treats on our mind… But sometimes we focus so much on dessert for Valentine’s Day, that we forget about the other meals! I mean… We still have to eat. 😉 Allow me to share an easy, [semi] healthy granola recipe that is decadent enough to serve for breakfast in bed!
You guys… I am SO EXCITED about this Double Dark Chocolate Granola! It is seriously SO perfect. Crispy-tender, chocolatey, not too sweet… And it almost melts in your mouth. Plus, chocolate for breakfast??? Who WOULDN’T be excited about that?
Top with fresh strawberries, and add your special someone’s favorite pastry and juice, and you have a super easy breakfast option for the special day that they will LOVE.
I have to admit, I’ve never really been one to seriously celebrate Valentine’s Day… Our Valentine’s Day will probably simply consist of all our usual activities. It is, however, a nice reminder to show special appreciation for those we love (which we should be doing every day!). I am so blessed with a wonderful husband, daughter, and family – and I need to let them know how much I love them more often. Sadly, we often forget to be thankful for those the closest to us. So no matter what your day holds in store, make sure to let your spouse, parent, child, or anyone else you love, know just how much you appreciate them.
In the mean time, mix up a batch of this incredibly yummy Double Dark Chocolate granola. I’m sure that your chocolate-loving mom, wife, daughter, friend (or husband, in my case) would be more than happy to wake up to this for breakfast.
And let’s not forget the One Who loved us first, and loves us most.
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” (John 3:16-17)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups quick oats
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks (reserve for end)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Mix oats, wheat germ, and salt together in a large bowl. Add liquids, and stir until completely combined.
- Sprinkle on cocoa powder, and mix very well until ingredients are evenly coated.
- Next, stir in flaked coconut.
- Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350º for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, then stir in chocolate chips or chunks.
- Store in an air-tight container, and enjoy!