If you’re looking for an easy, yummy, healthy veggie to add to a meal, look no further! These Oven Roasted Asparagus are the perfect side and are ready in under 30 minutes.
When I was growing up, my dad always asked my mom to make asparagus (or, AS-pa-RA-gus, as he called it). Mom used to saute it in butter until it was tender and the ends were crispy. It practically melted in your mouth – SO good. But not exactly the healthiest. 😉 Thankfully, we can make them a little healthier without compromising the flavor by roasting them in the oven!
Oven roasting is SO easy, and makes some of the yummiest veggies! (For example… Remember these??) For this recipe, all you need is 4 simple ingredients, and 20 minutes of cook time. And voila! Perfect, tender, asparagus.
Something to remember when making these is the old saying “a little goes a long way.” You only need a drizzle of olive oil (less than a tablespoon) and a pinch or two of salt. These veggies soak up the flavors so well, and too much oil makes them greasy – which defeats the purpose of roasting them!
We’ve been eating this oven roasted asparagus every chance we get the last few weeks, and even our two-year-old asks for “faragus” (we worked on the “A” part today… I finally gave up and she ended in giggles). 😉
If you give this recipe a try, let us know what you thought in the comments! We really love hearing what you think. 🙂
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Drizzle of olive oil (less than a Tablespoon)
- Pinch of salt (or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash asparagus and trim off any tough ends.
- Lay asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle salt over the asparagus. Using your hands, gently toss/roll asparagus until it is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle chopped garlic on top.
- Place in a 375º oven for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Leave a Reply