Happy Thursday, everyone! It’s been exceptionally cold in our part of the country the last several days (cold equals -20ºF with windchill…!), so I’ve been making a lot of comfort foods. Just because it’s cold outside, doesn’t mean we can’t be extra warm and cozy inside, right? 🙂
One dish I’ve been making a LOT this winter are these YUMMY quick and easy roasted veggies! They are so flavorful, and pair perfectly with almost any meal. Plus, it’s a good feeling knowing that we are stocking up on healthy foods in the meantime.
I’ve listed my favorite seasonings in the recipe, but you could definitely tweak it to suit your own taste. Try rosemary instead of dill, seasoned salt instead of curry powder, more onion and garlic, Etc. The possibilities are endless!
Some of my favorite ways to eat these are in the morning with scrambled tofu, or for lunch with either vegan mac and cheese or a yummy quinoa and black bean bowl (recipe coming soon!). They are also incredible paired with a fresh kale salad for a simple and satisfying meal!
I hope you’ll give these quick and easy roasted veggies a try soon! Don’t forget to let me know how you liked them in the comments. And of course, if you make them, be sure to tag us so we can see!
Stay warm, friends. Spring is [technically] less than two months away. 😉 Until then, I hope your winter days are seasoned with sunshine!
- 3 medium yellow potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 beets
- 1 large red onion
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp yellow curry powder
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- While your oven is preheating, cube the potatoes and beets, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Next, slice the onion (I like really thick slices so that they don't shrink down as much in the oven), mince your garlic (you could also use a garlic press), and add them to the other veggies.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the vegetables, then mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add seasonings, and stir until they are evenly coated.
- Spread veggies onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400º, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Enjoy!! 🙂